While I was playing with the delicious Viva Decor Modeling Creme and Stampendous Shabby Embossing Powder for my last layout, I made a set of ATC’s for a swap I participate in at the Ideal ATC Swap Group. The criteria for June/July was ”I can see clearly” – using acetate or transparency on an ATC.

I decided that I would make some acetate wings on butterflies to fulfill the criteria.

Acetate-ATC'sUsing a Mini Butterflies stencil I cut the whole butterfly out of a piece of patterned paper (ATC’s are great for using up scraps of old collections…this one is from Basic Grey a few years ago) and layered it over a piece of book page. Not being able to resist altering most things a little bit I added a tiny spritz of Vanilla Breeze Glimmermist and a little bit of Worn Lipstick Distress Ink. Then I grabbed a piece of acetate from some packaging and made my wings.

My stencil (Crafter’s Workshop 6×6 Mini Butterflies) comes with the matching overlay pattern for the butterfly’s wings, so I used this, and Viva Decor Modeling Creme in Mother of Pearl Rose to create my transparent wings. It took a while to dry – especially with the foul weather we have been having, but once done all it took was a pair of scissors to make the wings. I used them with the modeling creme underneath because I liked the smoother look, but actually it looks great on top too, and has the added advantage of more texture if that’s what you are trying to achieve.

Because of the stiffness of my acetate the wings bent easily to stand away from the page and I used hot glue to secure them. At least that dried quickly in the damp!

A tiny Light Pink Rose with it’s stem coiled forms my butterfly’s body and three pink rhinestones made up it’s head and antenna ends. Finally a dymo tape word and a small Key Charm heat embossed using Shabby Pink, and they were ready to post.

Hope the ladeis in the swap like them 🙂

If you would like to join us for the next swap…that will be August/September…you are MOST welcome, just follow the link above and leave a comment 🙂