Finally I’m back again after what seems like a looooong break.
Actually it has only been a month and a half, but it seems much longer…thanks for giving me some time off to get married Tracy & Mary 🙂
I’m not sure that I’m quite ready, but I’m back now – and just in time to test the utterly scrumptious new Creamy Latte Sugar Beads  and Mud Cake Sugar Beads, with some of Kaisercraft’s Periwinkle papers.
Tracy has done it again with these cute little embellishments. I LOVE them, and the Creamy Latte and Mud Cake mixes are a perfect match for the vintage tones of Periwinkle.
My layout, ‘Amy’,  uses a not-so-perfect variation of a technique using beads shared by Anna Bjorklund in Nathalie Kalbach’s 2013 Creative Jump Start Summit. (Anna’s blog is here.)
The sugar beads enhance my layout’s title, adding some intricate looking gorgeousness which is really not too complicated at all.
The beads are attached using Glossy Accents painted onto the page with a fine paintbrush. I started off by adding beads individually around the letters with tweezers, but filled in the larger spaces using beads scooped up into an Antique Bronze Spoon…just the right size 🙂
I started with a sheet of Kraft cardstock, distressed and inked the edges (Black Soot Distress Ink) and using an old Heidi Swapp mask, inked a leafy pattern onto the background, dabbing softly with the Inkssentials Ink Blending Tool using Antique LinenTea DyeBlack Soot andEvergreen Bough Distress Inks. While the mask was still on the card I painted around some of the edges and sprayed generously with Irridescent Gold Glimmermist, letting the spray run across the page and drip off the edge. I also mixed some Evergreen Bough Reinker with water in a Mini Mister and sprayed close to the page, adding some teal green drips.
After distressing and inking the edges of all my pieces of  paper, I mounted my photo on some Periwinkle Whisper. I put this onto a bit of Breathe,  and added a small piece of the black section of Impression between them. Also tucked in under the photo is a piece of frayed muslin, which softens the edges and adds to the vintage feel of the layout. I used a Sizzix Alterations On the Edge die (Scallops) to cut a strip of Newsprint Acetate which stretches from the bottom left edge of the photo to the edge of the page.
Also running horizontally across the background on both sides of the photo mat are some strips of teal spotted washi tape, dictionary print tissue tape and Cream Cotton Lace.
Adding interest at the top of the layout are some pieces cut from a Twiddleybitz Bird on a Branch chipboard, both inked with Tea Dye and Evergreen Bough Distress Ink.

Amy_2 Amy_3

Hanging from the smaller branch on the right is another new my2angels embellishment – a russet Grandmother Charming Chain (Amy is my Great Grandmother whom I vaguely remember as a little old lady living in Adelaide when I was a kid.) The second photo was taken outside to show you just how pretty the Glimmermist looks in the right light.
The other half of this gorgeous embellishment is draped across the Twiddleybitz Cast Iron Gateschipboard on the right of the photo. This chippie piece is popped up on dimensional tape over the washi/tissue tape combo and is coloured with Tea Dye Distress Ink.
There are a few Creamy Latte and Mud Cake Sugar Beads scattered on the bottom of the fence posts.
Across the bottom of my photo is a strip of floral tape which I have enhanced at each end usingCreamy Butter Cherry Blossoms,  Dark Brown Roses, Rose Roses, Black Roses, tiny White Rose Buds and some teal roses from my stash. While I was searching through my box of oddments I also found a few pieces of  dictionary page die cut vine that were left over from another project, so I tucked them in too.
Here are a couple of close-ups of the beads and glimmer.
Amy_6 Amy_7
This is a pretty simple layout, but the addition of these pretty beads make it a little bit special. I’ll be using them again really soon 😉
Thanks for visiting 🙂