My third layout, “Dream Big” uses another completely different palette. It’s amazing that you can get such a diverse colour range in this one collection. This time I went with the pretty Teal and Black option.

The base paper is the reverse of Lanterns, a very stylised Asian wave pattern. This I have edged with ‘Black Soot’ Distress Ink. The next layer is the reverse of Fans and I was very hesitant to use it because of the SO pretty blue fan pattern that I would be hiding under the black. That’s where the 6 x 6 Paper Pad is so wonderful, because it has three sheets of a smaller version of the fan pattern in it so I was able to use both :). Anyway, this black paper I cut using a Lucky 8 punch from MME….the pattern is called ‘Floral Burst’. I used both the inner and outer cuts this time at the maximum size. Then there are several layers of paper from the 6 x 6 Paper Pad, all inked on the edges with Peacock Feathers – one of the colours from the new Spring 2012 Set Distress Inks. This one is a true Teal, and just beautiful. First there is the small version of ‘Stripe’, and I cheated a bit here. The piece on the top right has been cut from the main piece (on the left) and tucked under. It makes the piece appear much larger than it really is. Then there is a journalling block up the top. This comes from ‘Cut Outs’, as does the black and cream bracket shape on the left. I love that this shape has the little blue fan on it and that it’s shape matches so nicely with the punched black background :). There is a strip at the bottom from the smaller 6 x 6 reverse of Lanterns which is barely visible under the embellishments and the quotation, and finally the lovely 6 x 6 Fans.

At the top, on the journalling block I have used a sticker from ‘Inspiration Stickers’ as my title. It comes with square corners, but I was not happy with their square-ness on the bracketed journalling block, so I used a corner rounding punch and was much happier with the shape. The embellishments around that corner have been attached over a piece of tea-dyed muslin which has a softening effect,a s well as echoing the idea of the waves on the base. The flowers are all various Prima roses with the addition of two tiny black ones from my stash and a button. The button has the addition of a teal rhinestone. There is also a black metal accent from the Serenity Trinkets. I have cut one end off and added it…..

…..down here. Another layer of muslin runs the length of the bottom of the layout, under the black punched shape and then up on top of it, but still under the embellishment cluster. The main feature of this cluster is the sentiment – another sticker from the ‘Inspiration Stickers’, this time given some dimension with Mini Magic Mount. Then again there are a variety of Prima roses in shades of Teal, cream and white. The biggest flower is a Prima Kennedy Vintage flower. I have removed the centre stamens and replaced them with a small cream rose. There are several more tiny black roses from my stash, two black buttons with rhinestones where the holes should be and another cabochon from the Serenity Trinkets. A Kaisercraft Rhinestone Flourish in two pieces runs up from this cluster towards the top right corner, and there is a small ‘Serenity’ sticker, with it’s corners punched right down at the bottom.

These cute chipboard lanterns are from Scrap FX. I painted them using gesso and then Twinkling H2O’s. All three are hanging on lengths of black chain from white chipboard flourishes painted with white gesso followed by white Picket Fence Distress Stain. The chain is attached to the lanterns using matching Brads. The large striped circular embellishment in the centre of the striped lantern is also from the Brads pack.

After these three layouts you would think that I would not have much product left, but you would be wrong. There is still plenty of paper, rub ons, stickers and Noteworthy Die Cuts that I have saved up for one more Serenity layout. The next one will be a part of my next Monthly Challenge, so stay tuned 🙂

Advertisements