I’ve been so lucky lately, to get to scrap with lots of very yummy Bo Bunny Collections.
‘Serenity’ is another lovely one and with several different colour combinations it’s also very versatile. From this one Collection I have three layouts with three very different looks, and still enough left for another layout, which will be coming later, and probably more!
My first layout, “NYE ’11”, uses a mix of the rich reds, blacks and lovely creamy browns. The photo is of my DD and her BFF celebrating New Years Eve with a red, black and white theme last time she was home from London. My DD is the blonde…oh wait – the one wearing gloves….oh wait – the one on the left LOL!  😀

The base paper is ‘Luck’, it’s chocolatey, swirly edges inked with ‘Black Soot’ distress ink and framing a slightly smaller sheet of the reverse of ‘Blossoms’. This one has been inked too, but has also been distressed and punched in places with my Fiskars ‘Sunburst’ edge punch and the Martha Stewart ‘Butterflies’ edge punch. The layers of paper under the photo are all inked on the edges with ‘Black Soot’ distress ink. There is a square – the black swirls and gorgeous red flowers of ‘Serenity’ but from the 6 x 6 Paper Pad with it’s top corner tucked into a slit I cut into a panel from the 12 x 12 ‘Cutouts’. Placed horizontally across the page there are two red spotted strips from another sheet of the 6 x 6 Paper Pad – the smaller version of the reverse of ‘Damask’, and three strips previously cut from the edges of ‘Blossoms’.
Then there are the embellishments. First (as you will see in all the close ups to come) I have tucked a few different pieces under the punched edges of my cream ‘Blossoms’ paper. There are a couple of strips of cotton lace, some chipboard Sunburst strips that match almost exactly with the ‘Sunburst’ punch and some pieces of antique gold metal filagree – I cut up two large corner pieces to make four smaller ones. There are also some fussy cut flowers from another piece of the 6 x 6 version of ‘Serenity’. I cut up at least one of these smaller sheets of paper to get the flowers that form the basis of my embellishments. They are gorgeous, and not too difficult to cut out either, and luckily there are multiple sheets in the Paper Pad

I have layered six of these cut out flowers (they are probably Chrysanthemums) onto and around a piece of Dusty Attic chipboard ‘Cherry Blossoms’ (oos). These I have simply inked around the edges with ‘Black Soot’ and sprayed with some Perfect Pearls Mist – ‘Perfect Copper’ – to give them a reddish shimmer. Also tucked in are one of the pieces cut from the filigree corner, a piece of creamy lace, a cream and a black resin dahlia from Kaisercraft’s ‘Lily’, a large Cabuchon and two black metal flowers from Serenity’s ‘Trinkets’ and three black and cream roses. These roses (I’m guessing they’re Prima, but have thrown out the packet) have been given a quick spritz with the Perfect Pearls Mist as well – just in the centres. Also in there are two tiny butterflies from the punched out edges, two black paper clips and a tiny red pearl from the Serenity ‘Jewels’.

Just a quick look at the bottom corner, then up to the top of the page…

…where there is a smaller cluster – still packed with goodies though :). The rest of that chipboard ‘Cherry Blossom’ branch and a smaller strip of ‘Blossoms’ paper are joined by another two roses, a tiny butterfly, some more dark red pearls from the Serenity ‘Trinkets’, another large black resin Dahlia and a smaller cream flower from ‘Lily’ and two more Chrysanthemums cut from the 6 x 6 version of ‘Serenity’. Also in there are two lanterns cut from the reverse of ‘Garden’, the larger of which has a ‘Serenity’ character sticker from the ‘Good Fortune’ Stickers popped on to it’s centre, and a small clear acrylic clock with a red/brown Serenity ‘Brad’ in it’s centre. The end of the brad is acting as one of the clock’s hands, pointing at the 12.

At the top right corner of the photo there are two more of these clocks – one larger and one very small. They are held together at the centre by a large and very pretty brad from the Serenity ‘Trinkets’ pack. These clocks have been in my stash since I first started scrapping about 4 years ago – it’s about time I used them! I think I still have one or two left though :).

Finally, the title of the layout is sitting to the right of the photo, around about the middle. I did not want it to stand out too much, so I decided to use the small black and cream alphabet stickers on the ‘Good Fortune’ Stickers sheet for my ‘NYE’. They are sitting with another tiny butterfly on one of the strips of ‘Blossoms’ paper. At the end of the strip there is a larger (and red) ’11, this time from the 12 x 12 ‘Combo Sticker Sheet’.

Another layout tomorrow 🙂

Advertisements